50 Shades of Grey
What do they have in common?
1. Juliet: Girl needs boy (strong or weak doesn’t matter) at some point she needs him to help her, protect her from something or save her life. Her need for him is stronger than anything else.
2. Romeo: Boy who loves girl MORE THAN ANYTHING IN LIFE, even at times putting his own life at stake for hers. He will do anything for her.
3. Sex: Either it is a lead up, an anticipation of, flirting with it or it is full blown. Either way, all the stories put it on the reader’s minds.
4. Violence: Big climactic battle or fight of some sort. All the stories romanticize violence. Either as a means of making the boy appear to be the hero or as a way of bringing the couple closer together.
5. Happily Ever After: Bella ends up with Edward, Katniss ends up with Peta, Ana ends up with Christian and Tris ends up with Tobias (so far).
Work: So far you have given me a raise, a promotion, a great team to manage, an assigned parking spot(!), a bonus and a busy schedule. Thank you.
Love: A love that grows each day and inspires me all the time to be a great gf. Thank you.
Life: Personal challenges, frustrations with my car cntd (I am sure that 2012 passed this on- tell that fucker I don’t appreciate it), the joys of being on the other side of the hump with my gfs, passion for reading ignited again, obsessions with good TV, and great music (cntd). Thank you.
Looking forward: You have for me Coachella, Disneyland, Miami, a wedding I can’t wait to be a part of, North Carolina, Hawaii, and so much more!!! Thank you.
For myself: I will give out positive vibes in 2013. I will love, laugh more and enjoy the simple things in life.
Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can’t live without you.
it takes me all the way.
I want you to stay
Hoping this is me Sunday.
I think I may make this a regular thing, not that many guys read this blog but if I can help even one….my job is done. :)
I have a birthday coming up in a few days and my sweet bf asked me to give him a list of what I want. I love that he wants to make sure I get exactly what I ask for, but here is the truth: we want you to think of it on your own. We don’t hold it against you that we (women) are naturally better gift givers. It is part of our maternal instincts, I think to be thoughtful, good listeners, etc. So, I will reveal what your girlfriend REALLY wants on her birthday (and spoiler alert, it’s not about the price point). You can do something from every category or just one, depends on your lady and what YOU think she will love on her special day.
1. Something thoughtful- We want you to think about the gift for more than 5 seconds. Gift cards are not thoughtful (unless it is for a spa day ;)). Think about what we like to do, are interested in, want to try, etc. We talk a lot, all you have to do is listen.
2. Something creative- It is really easy to shop at the mall for a girl but instead of just buying her presents, think of something you can do together. Think outside the box. Or, if you are giving her something she really wants, think of a creative way to present it to her.
3. Something romantic- Every single girl loves romance. This should be a no brainer. If you up the romance factor with a homemade card, telling her how you feel, flowers, etc. she will be putty.
4. Something unique- try to do something out of the ordinary. If you always stay in for dinner, take her out or take her somewhere you have never been together. If you are handy, make her something. If you are musical, write her a song. Go outside the normal routine you have become accustomed to and show her how much she means to you.
Well, hopefully this helps! Just remember, her birthday is a special day for her but it is not complete without YOU.
P.S if this is my bf reading this, you can get me whatever you want and I will like it!! :)
Goodbye 2012. It was really great.
Where I have been: New Jersey, New York City, Coachella, Vegas (3x), San Diego, North Carolina, Shaver Lake, Santa Monica Pier, Venice, Santa Barbara.
What I have heard: (Coachella and beyond, shows of 2012)- The Hives, Gotye, Swedish House Mafia, Calvin Harris and Rihanna, Florence and the Machine, Awolnation + Macy Gray, Band of Skulls, Bon Iver, Radiohead, Fitz and the Tantrums, The Lumineers, Gary Clark Jr., Jimmy Cliff and Tim Armstrong, The Black Keys, Refused, The Shines, Feist, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dog (with Wiz Khalefa, 50 Cent and Eminem), Sheepdogs, John Legend, Dustbowl Revival, The Muddy Reds, Brother Sal, Bob Dylan, Tommy Emmanuel, Jack White.
What I have done: County faired it with some fried foods and good friends, celebrated the engagement of Nico and Caroline, dos bachelorette parties, bridesmaid in Dez’s wedding, attended Jen’s lovely wedding at Smog Shoppe, came in 2nd in our annual flip cup tourney, watched Evan rock out on drums during countless Split Finger shows, hung out with Evan’s dad and step-mom in LA and SB, went to my 10-year class reunion, Spent a week in North Carolina at the beach, in the pool, playing games and laughing hard, dancing, glistening in the summer heat, open presents in July, watched lightening, shot bottles, went to my family reunion at Shaver Lake, road in boats, inner tubed, swam, star gazed late at night, dressed up for Halloween 3 x, helped Ev move up here (finally!), first time at the Playboy Mansion, ate way to much good food this year, volunteered at Hope of the Valley homeless shelter, enjoyed lots of holiday parties, fell even more in love this year. <3
What I have learned: 28 is still young, good things come to those who wait, life will be easier if you worry less, have more fun, smile often, experience things and love deep…oh and eat good food!
I had a crappy night. You know it when you take 3 Benadryl just to sleep only to toss and turn and wake up in the morning puffy eyes and like you have been walking through a dessert “WATER!!!”. Despite this…I have 12 things I am thankful for on this the 12th day of the 12th month of 2012 (not in any order).
1. My family. As I get older I am really starting to realize they are the ones who will always always be there for me no matter what.
2. My friends. A wise person once told me if you can count your friends on two hands you are blessed. I am!
3. Chai tea lattes from Starbucks. Even though the guy shorted me a quarter yesterday (anyone who lives in an apartment knows how important quarters are = laundry).
4. Music. When I am in a bad mood, a good mood, a sad mood, a dance mood you are always there for me music.
5. My apartment. I really love that place.
6. My job and the wonderful people I get to work with.
9. People who give back.
10. California. I love living here and the more I travel the more appreciate home.
11. My pets. Dogs are our best friends. Loyal and loving to no end.
12. Love. Even with it’s ups and downs finding a true love makes life worthwhile.